Straight/Body Wave Hair Care Tips:
- Comb your hair from the ends working your way up to the scalp to prevent shedding and breakage.
- Always use a head protectant when flat ironing the hair to prevent heat damage.
- Avoid using heavy oils and styling products to avoid buildup.
- Apply a light oil mist to add more sheen.
- Wash hair once a week with a Sulfate free shampoo.
- Nightly Maintenance: Make sure hair is completely dry before going to bed. Sleeping with wet hair will cause your hair to be matted. Be sure to use a silk/satin bonnet or pillow case.
- Applying Flexi rods helps to maintain the body wave texture.
Deep Wave Hair Care Tips:
- Daily Maintenance: Wet your deep wave hair to detangle it. (Detangling your hair while it is dry can cause breakage, shedding, and loss of hair.)
- Nightly Maintenance: Braid or plait your extensions and sleep with a satin/silk bonnet to prevent hair from getting tangled.
- Comb your hair from the ends up to prevent shedding and breakage.
- Use a leave in conditioner/water mix to help keep your waves moisturized.
- Curling or styling cream can help with moisture and to prevent shedding/tangling of the waves.
- Wash your hair once a week with cool/lukewarm water once to prevent buildup. (Washing hair with hot water will loosen the wave pattern.
Daily Maintenance Wavy/Curly:
- Brush out all waves/curls using a wide tooth comb or denim brush.
- Generously, apply water using a spray bottle until hair is completely saturated.
- Apply a generous amount Leave-In Conditioner for a very soft fluffy hold.
- Allow hair to fully air dry before touching and manipulating curls.
- Detangle by using a wide-toothed comb or detangling brush. Gently start from the ends and work your way up towards the lace.